Res Artis Organisation Structure
Res Artis is an international Non-Governmental (NGO) and Non-profit organisation (NPO), registered as a foundation in the Netherlands.
We are governed by the volunteer efforts of our board, organised by the executive committee and split into several Working Groups and Project Teams.
Board of Directors
The Res Artis Board is composed of:
- Vice President
- Members at Large
Members of the Board are elected by the membership at the bi-annual General Meeting. The terms are 2-years and may be renewed for up to three consecutive terms for a total of 6 years. Board Meetings are held every other month using an online conferencing system. Face-to-face Board meetings are held during general or regional meetings.
There are several project-based working groups in addition to the six ongoing groups.
- Conferences and Meetings
- Public Relations (website, communications, newsletter)
- Governance (strategic plan, board book)
- Resource Development (finances)
The Chair of each Working Group is a member of the Board, while the members are drawn from the Board and general membership of Res Artis. Members are self-nominated, according to each member's areas of interest.
Res Artis Today
Current Board Members
- President: Mario A. Caro, (USA)
- Vice-President: Tatsuhiko Murata (Japan)
- Secretary: Leena Vuotovesi, (Finland)
- Treasurer: Karol Frühauf, (Switzerland/Slovakia)
- Ika Sienkiewicz-Nowacka, (Poland)
- Kavita Shah (India)
- Eliza Roberts (Australia)
- Francisco Guevara (Mexico)
Current Staff Members
- Managing Director: Mark Vennegoor (the Netherlands)
- Program Director & Fundraising: Lillian Fellmann (the Netherlands)
- Communications & web editor: Alvaro de Salvo (the Netherlands)
- Christina Coveou (Greece)
Honorary Board Members
- Maria Tuerlings, (the Netherlands)
- Rudolf Brünger, (Germany)
- Clayton Campbell, (USA)
- Michael Haerdter (Germany)
- O.P. Jain (India)
- Laurens Schumacher (the Netherlands)