Vision, Mission & Values
We are the worldwide professional body for artist residencies, ensuring sustainability and development of the field through enabling connection and facilitating professional development for our member organisations.
The mission of Res Artis is to:
- Enable sustainability by providing tools for professional development.
- Respect the regional, cultural and structural diversity of the artist residency field through adherence to our core values.
- Actively engage with and be responsive to members’ needs and changes in the field.
- Ensure transparency through clear communication with members, the cultural sector and wider public.
- Connect and promote members through face to face meetings and the use of digital platforms.
The Res Artis Board, Staff and Membership adhere to:
We are committed to continuous professional development and enhancement of knowledge and skills. We listen to each other and are responsive to artists’ needs and changes in the field.
We value regional, cultural and structural differences by respecting individuality.
We believe in the value of clear, accurate and proactive communication between Res Artis, our member organisations and visiting artists.
We strive to improve the resources available to enable the longevity of Res Artis, our members and the artist residency field.