Grant Wood Fellow in Painting/Drawing
Grant Wood Fellow in Painting/Drawing, 2013/2014 University of Iowa, School of Art & Art History
The University of Iowa School of Art and Art History seeks applications from emerging to mid-career artists in painting/drawing for the Grant Wood Fellowship Program for the period of mid-August 2013 through mid-August 2014.
Fellowship recipient responsibilities:
• Teach one class per semester in The University of Iowa School of Art & Art History, Painting/Drawing Area. The candidate will teach an introductory painting/drawing course in the Fall semester and an advanced course in the Spring semester.
• Present a public lecture about their work
• Participate in limited public outreach activities (e.g.: radio interview, discussion of your work with a local arts organization)
• Shared exhibition at end of year with the Grant Wood Fellow in Printmaking Fellows receive:
• private studio
• furnished housing (in a shared, off- campus residence) Required Qualifications: The applicant will have received an MFA in painting/drawing, show evidence of a beginning of a national exhibition record or demonstrate equivalent professional experience, and teaching experience.
Submission: Candidates should submit applications online at: http://jobs.uiowa.edu. Search requisition # 61989.
Review of applications will begin February 1, 2013 and will continue until the position is filled.
Deadline for application is March 17, 2013.
Applications must include:
- C.V. including phone number, email, mailing and website addresses - Letter of interest
- One-page artist’s statement
- Link to artist’s website providing digital documentation of recent work (at least 20 images with slide script/ description of work)
- 3 professional references
– names and contact information only
The School of Art & Art History and the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences are strongly committed to gender and ethnic diversity, the strategic plans of the University, College and School reflect this commitment.
The University of Iowa is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.