Chinese European Art Center
Brief description of organisation
CEAC (Chinese European Art Center)
For more than fourteen years, the Chinese European Art Center has hosted and premiered international artists from all over the world.
With studios, exhibitions, contemporary film festivals, concerts, lectures, workshops and an artists-in-residence program, the CEAC plays a central role in southeast China’s cultural landscape.
The CEAC is widely known for its pioneering role in China as a non-commercial art space and the excellent guidance it provides for artists conducting research and producing their art at work sites and factories in China.
Organisation founded in
Brief description of residency program
The CEAC artists-in-residence program gives artists, designers, architects, curators, writers, composers a place where they can develop ideas, experiment and produce new work. The CEAC advises artists on how to produce their work outside their studio and shares with them a large network of local artists, companies and work sites to enable them to implement their projects in the best possible way.
The CEAC stimulates a cultural and intellectual exchange between residents, local artists and students of Xiamen University. Residents can be invited to give lectures or presentations about their work and guest seminars and workshops for students.
At the conclusion of their residence, artists are invited to present their research project and new work at the Art Center. The CEAC can also help mediate presentation spots in other cities in China and, for those who like to travel, CEAC offers travel advice and assistance.
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
Duration of Residencies: variable
Residency program since
Disciplines and media
- visual artists, designers, architects, curators, writers, composers
Type of organisation
CEAC is an independant organisation. Based in the Netherlands, the European branch of the CEAC regularly presents the research results of CEAC residents at various locations to an interested audience.
Duration of residencies
- between 3 and 6 months
Number of artists resident at one time
For more information about registration and financing options: E email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org W www.ceac99.org
Expenses paid by artist
see website www.ceac99.0rg
Expectations of the artist
- Leading Workshop or Class
see website www.ceac99.org
Application by Mail
Presentation of artists' work
Exhibition at end of Residency
Description of residency
Urban, close to the sea
- Internet Connection
Number of studios
Type and size of studios
- Private Apartment
- English, Mandarin, Dutch
Other activities happening at the space
- exhibitions, film/video festivals, concerts, lectures, workshops, excursions
How to reach
Xiamen Gaoqi International Airport
Chinese European Art Center
3rd Floor, Siming South Road 400,
361005 Xiamen City, Fujian Province
Phone: +86 (0) 13599911942/13806021762/ 0086 592 2180850
Fax: 0086 592 2180850
- The Chinese European Art Center (CEAC) | Artist-in-Residence Program
- The Chinese European Art Center (CEAC) Artist-in-Residence Program Open Call April 2016
- The Chinese European Art Center (CEAC) | Artist-in-Residence Program February 2016
- The Chinese European Art Center (CEAC) Artist-in-Residence Program Open Call April 10, 2016
- Chinese European Art Center (CEAC) Artist-in-Residence Program Open Call January 15, 2016.
- Chinese European Art Center (CEAC) Artist-in-Residence Program Open Call April 15, 2016
- Chinese European Art Center (CEAC) Artist-in-Residence Program Open Call for July 27, 2016
- Chinese European Art Center (CEAC) Artist-in-Residence Program Open Call for July 26, 2016
- Chinese European Art Center (CEAC) Artist-in-Residence Program Open Call March 20, 2017