Sweet Home Madrid
Research residency for female curators and cultural agents from Austria in Madrid, May 3 to 16, 2017
Sweet Home seeks to create a close dialogue between local and international cultural agents and to diversify views on the cultural panorama of Madrid. Therefore the residencies take place in the private homes of local cultural agents. The hosts provide accommodation for the guests, and will bring them into their closest artistic context.
For the first edition of Sweet Home in 2017 we are searching for a female curator or other cultural agents or visual artists from Austria for a research residency in Madrid from May 3rd to May 16th, 2017.
The resident will be able to stay in the guest room at the home of Madrid based curators Manuela Pedrón Nicolau and Jaime González Cela who were selected in a previous local call.
The hosts will provide accommodation for the guest, and will bring her into their closest artistic context. The chosen candidate will be assigned a permanent profile and presentation space at curators-network.eu. She will be asked to narrate the process of the residency through the Art-Spy section of Curators' Network. The programme will cover travel costs for a maximum value of 200,00 € and the costs of accommodation. The resident guest should assume her
subsistence expenses during these two weeks.
The open call is is made according to the following terms and conditions:
- We offer one residency between May 3rd and May 16th, 2017.
- Application dates: January 19th to February 19th, 2017.
- Application deadline: February 19th, 2017, 23:59 MET
- The call is open to female curators, cultural agents and visual artists from Austria from all disciplines within the context of contemporary visual and fine arts (including digital- and media art).
- The call is especially for female professionals who work with a high level of excellence, but do not yet have a consolidated international career, as one of the primary goals of Curators’ Network is to promote art-professionals who are still not well known in a larger international context.
- Besides their professional profile, applicants must send a brief summary of the line(s) they would like to research whilst in Madrid. The proposals do not have to be definitive and can be expanded/adjusted during the course of the residency.
- Applicants should have at least a moderate level of spoken English or Spanish.
- There is no age limit.
Commitments of the host
Sweet Home is a teambuilding residence. Both host and guest must respect and promote the overall harmony of the home. The host has no commitments of any kind with regard to cleaning, meals, use of common rooms, etc.., beyond the proper arrangement of the house for the comfortable accommodation of the guest. To promote coexistence and the sharing of personal and professional experiences, the local cultural agent undertakes to include the resident in his/her closest artistic context.
Commitments of the guest
- The artist or cultural agent must maintain the residence spaces in good condition of use.
- The resident agrees to develop and implement the research project for which she was selected in the present call.
Commitments of the organization
hablarenarte: undertakes to set an agenda of activities that will help the resident to develop her research, and further facilitate the resident’s workwith local agents. The organization will also mediate between resident and host and promote a positive relationship between them.
hablarenarte: is not the house owner, and does not sell, give, provide, rent, manage and / or control any properties. hablarenarte: is not responsible for any loss of property or personal or material damage that may occur during, or because of the resident's stay, or that could be attributed to these residences.
hablarenarte:, Foro Cultural de Austria and the local hosts Jaime González Cela and Manuela Pedrón Nicolau will choose the international curator/cultural agent on the basis of her profile and research proposal. The selection results will be announced before February 24th, 2017.
Please follow this link for your applications.
This edition of Sweet Home is kindly supported by Foro Cultural de Austria en Madrid.
Sweet Home Madrid