Deadline: Open call
L'a.i.r de fes, Open Call for 2013
Research Culture(s) in Fez
L’ a.i.r de f e z is the new artist residency program located in Fez (Morocco).
The aims of L’ a.i.r de f e z are:
- To foster interdisciplinary research on contemporary arab culture and traditions through artistic dialogue and collaboration.
- To sell hospitality and services to the artists residents.
- To facilitate the time and space necessary for international artists and researchers to develop their practice.
In order to accomplish these aims that L’ a.i.r de f e z will:
- Provide three fully equiped studio/rooms to writers, curators, video artists and cultural reserachers. The price for each of the artists/researchers selected will include B&B, Living/Studio Space with private WC and 1 meal a day.
- At an extra fee, L’ a.i.r de f e z will organize a full on ‘cultural inmersion program’ with cultural visits, networking events and public presentations.
In addition L’ a.i.r de f e z will also facilitate visits to:
• Centre Cultural Sidi Mohamed Ben Youssef
• CFQMA: Center for Training and Qualification in the craft’s Professions
• ISNTB: Institute Specialize Dans Les Metteres Traditionel du Battiments
• As well as to the French Institute, Instituto Cervantes and the American Language Center in Fez. T
he artists and researchers selected will also be able to choose from a range of excursions and visits outside Fez:
• Art & Artisans Tour (50E per person)
• Cultural Tour arround Fez Sefrou (Art Project), Volubilis (Acheological Site) and Mly Idriss (60E per person)
• 2 days Networking Trip (200E per person)
• 3 days trip to the Desert (300E per person)
- Possibility of artists work presentation at the end of the residency. The presentation of artists work will at L’ a.i.r de f e z premises (the presentations are only available for stays or 15 days or longer and will depend of funding resources and in kind support). L’ a.i.r de f e z will be open to applications from local and international cultural researchers, photographers, filmmakers, musicians, craftsmen, curators, writers, architects and visual artists.
L’ a.i.r de f e z will be also open to host social and natural scientists, art critics, art historians and col.lectors interested in developing their knowledge on the arts and crafts of the country. L’ a.i.r de f e z is the space where artists and reserachers will be acomodated.
Depending on demand and applications L’ a.i.r de f e z will provide with a minimum of three working/living spaces and a maximum of seven accomodation spaces. Writers and Reserachers will be provided by self contained living and studio spaces, Visual Artists and Performers will be provided with living spaces with studio based on the a complementary space.
Built in the beginning of the last century as a palatial private residence and fully restored in 2007, L’ a.i.r de f e z is located in the highly sought after district of Batha, prized for its proximity to shops, restaurants and transport, whilst still within walking distance to the main attractions L’ a.i.r de f e z will provide with spacious and full-equipped double or single rooms with double bed and private toilette. Weekly cleaning, towels, sheets and blankets are also provided. Full breakfast and one meal a day (Monday to Friday) is included on the price and we have an on site cook who will be happy to prepare sumptuous traditional Moroccan meals upon request and at a great price.
Price: 430E a week If interested a list of funding possibilities can be provided.
Time Frame: From 15 August 2012. For periods of minimum of 1 week.
Application: If you are interested in this opportunity please fill up the Application Form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
L'a.i.r de fes, Open Call for 2013
No application deadline / Open call