Centro Selva Artist Residency 2013
Experience 21 intense days immersed in the life, culture and art of Peru’s rural tropical rainforest
Disciplines and media:
• Visual Art
• Performing Arts
• Textile Art
• New Media
Number of artists:
Expectations of the artist
• Artist Presentation
By email: email@example.com
Presentation of artists' work
Exhibition at the end of the residency
Description of residency setting
Established rural setting with primitive accommodations (running water and limited electricity available)
• More than 400 hectares of agricultural and livestock land, grass, reforested areas, ponds, horses, local flora and fauna.
• Native fruit garden
• Traditional cooking
• Limited or no internet access, For emergencies we can go to the nearest town. Computers provided by participants.
• Shared Rooms
Type and size of studios:
Outdoor Shared Studio (including shaded shelter in case of rain)
The participants that would like to present a workshop; we encourage you to propose one.
• Peruvian Residents: 3000 Peruvian Nuevo soles.
• International: 3500 Peruvian Nuevo Soles (approx. 1038 EURO depending on exchange rates)
• Shared bedrooms
• Lecture and work shop on Shipibo-Conibo Art
• Transportation to and from local airport to residency.
• Group transport for residency related activities.
• 3 meals per day - local traditional cooking
• Pucallpa City art tour
• Mandatory farm clothing (rubber boots, rain poncho, etc)
Does not cover:
• Air or bus tickets.
• Medical insurance.
• Materials and tools to carry out personal projects or there transportation.
• Domestic or international telephone calls.
• any additional expenses
Size: 44 KB