Deadline: Open call
Residencies at CeRCCa 2013
CeRCCa, Center for Research in Creativity is now accepting applications for 2013.
CeRCCa’s AIR Program responds to the aim of challenging conventional formats.
By conventional formats we understand the AIRs that offer a space isolated from its sociocultural context that potentiate individual artistic production of aesthetic objects.
We believe that the experience of living and creating in a different context has to be facilitated through exchange and collaboration.
This experience takes place both in the practices of art and research and also out side of these discourses; that is, in everyday life. With this objective CeRCCa proposes a residency format where dialogue and interaction become essential.
The characteristics of CeRCCa AIR Program are:
- Each year CeRCCa organizes 3 to 4 AIR Programs that last for approximately 2 months each. For each residency 3 to 4 artists are selected. CeRCCa offers individual bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 40 sqm shared studios, a library as well as a big living-room/kitchen area and a patio.
- In order to facilitate the mutual knowledge from the different creative perspectives of the artists and their projects, during the first week of the residency, CeRCCa organizes work presentations by the artists and the organizers of the program.
- Depending on the necessities of each artist, the organizers bridge the gap between the artists, researchers and the different associations of the village.
- CeRCCa also facilitates a series of cultural visits to regional and national organizations as well as to different artistic production centers of Catalonia. These activities can be accompanied by guided tours and informal meetings with different cultural agents.
- At the end of each residency, CeRCCa organizes a public presentation of the work that the artists and researchers have developed. These public presentations can take the format of open studios or exhibition at the local Cultural Centre or at CeRCCa premises. Depending on the circumstances an exhibition can also take place in a gallery or cultural space of the region or in Barcelona.
- At the end of each residency and with the agreement of the resident artists and researchers, CeRCCa proposes a short video interview with each resident aiming to document his/her experience at CeRCCa.
The residency periods for 2013 are:
10th March – 27th April 2013
10th May – 27th June 2013
10th July - 27th August 2013
27th September – 10th November 2013
CeRCCa is an artist run initiative and does not have direct institutional support.
We are fully aware that most of the time artists do not have their own means to pay for a residency. That is way in our web you will find some on line tools and a list of organizations that can be of your interest if you are intending to apply for funding.
Other sources of funding could be your country’s Ministry of Culture or Arts Council or the embassy of your country in Spain. We can also provide you with acceptance letter to our Program and any other document to facilitate or support your funding application.
Besides the full on residency program CeRCCa offers, we also try to keep the prices of our residencies as low as possible.
The cost is 650E a month or 1000E for the whole period of the residency (50 days aprox.)
- Individual room
- 40 2m studio to be shared with another artist.
- Internal presentations during the first week of the residency.
- 1 cultural and 1 networking trip
- Facilitation of the development of the project.
- Final public presentation at CeRCCa premises.
If you are interested in our program please send us an email and we will forward you our Application Form. We look forwards to hear from you soon!
Size: 46 KB